BIM is becoming the de facto deliverable for the design, construction and management of a facility throughout its life-cycle. The UK Government is requiring collaborative 3D BIM in digital format for all Government project by 2016.
BIM adoption has suffered from several misconceptions:
- It’s a Fad
- It is overhyped
- Simple 3D drawings are sufficient
- It is only feasible for large projects
Reality of BIM:
- Digital design through Digital Construction —"one version of the truth"
- Collaborative process — validation, conflict detection
- Better decision making
- Risk reduction
- Validation of as-built
- Facility management— lower maintenance costs, energy efficiency design and savings
Scan to BIM uses the 3D Point Cloud obtained from a scanning survey as a template to accurately and efficiently model the existing structures and components into a 3D BIM Model.
SANE offers a variety of scanning and BIM modeling services to help you with your BIM projects:
- 3D Scanning with Point Cloud deliverable
- 3D Scanning and initial BIM modeling to help jumpstart your project. We get you started and you take over where it makes since.
- Complete Scan to BIM model creation based in your specific scope of work.